- Educator's personal comfort level
- Social distancing guidelines; young people will be required to stay at their desks
- Small group size, possibly below the recommended EBP developer guidelines
- Hybrid instruction in schools; some youth will be on site, others will participate online
- Reduced time periods due to cleaning procedures and other logistical issues
- Restrictions on sharing handouts and other material with youth
Preparation ChecklistThough schools and organizations aim to keep young people and staff safe, they may differ in their policies and practices. We recommend using the preparation checklist to investigate the conditions for implementation at each site.
Master List of AdaptationsDue to social distancing and safety guidelines, adaptations -- especially regarding the interactive group exercises and games -- will have to be considered. Planning and preparation will be important. We recommend that supervisors work with their team to create a master list of adaptations, submitting it to ACT for Youth prior to implementation.
Sample Master List
Planning Tools for Creating Master Lists
Alternative Video Guidance
ETR's Alternative Video Guidance document directs educators to free videos that can be used to replace the videos in MPC, BPBR, and MAD. The identified alternative videos were selected for their ease of use and medically accurate and inclusive content. For each video, ETR has provided new discussion questions and key points or takeaways for the educator.